The National Zoological Gardens of South Africa also known as The Pretoria Zoo is an 85-hectare. It was opened on the October 21, 1899. It located in Pretoria, South African (Boom Street)
The farm Klein Schoemansdal, the property of Z.A.R. president Stephanus Schoeman, was sold to Johannes Francois Celliers who renamed it Rus in Urbe. It was acquired by the state in 1895, and the zoological gardens was established at the outbreak of the Second Boer War in 1899. It became the official National Zoological Gardens in 1916.